January 22, 2009

I'd love to hate this part right here, but I don't, so I have to admit that I love it

I say I'd love to hate this, only because I find most pop music not just like bubble gum, but also like cheese doodles, which is entirely devoid of any nutrition except for fat overload, and leaves a nasty aftertaste and an equally disgusting, sticky, yellow residue on your fingers. But this one's got me. It's definitely not cheese doodles. I have to admit that I love it. It's good chocolate, this song is. The melody's great and the lyric's quite alright. Nicole's voice is incredible. Fine vocals in pop music is so rare that when a voice stands out, such as Christina Aguelera's, Pink's, and a few others, one would be deaf not to notice. Pop this music on and you'd be dancing and singing through your difficult times, well, unless you prefer blowing bubbles or chomping cheese doodles...


By the way, I don't hate that my wedding anniversary coincides with the presidential inauguration. So, although I've had my reservations about our government regardless of who presides, neither do I hate new perspectives nor the atmosphere of new hopes...I may be humming this song along all throughout the year. Hope I don't get sick of it too soon, as what usually happens when I overdo something...then I can really chant "I hate this part right here..." I'll just be wearing this song out in the meantime...

No comments: